Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ABC-TV's Dr. Timothy Johnson reports on Obesity

Hours ago, Dr. Johnson issued a shocking commentary on the state of the overweight and obese of America.

"Currently, 2/3 of all adults are either overweight or obese...and the numbers are growing.", he said.

Just last week, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced that American obesity had increased by 2%.

"If current trends hold", researchers from John Hopkins said, "almost ALL American adults will be overweight or obese by the year 2030.". They studied national surveys going back to 1970 to see how much the American wasteline has expanded. According to their studies, they predict that 86% of all Americans will be overweight or obese within 22 years. Obesity levels alone may double from 25 up to 50%!

African-American women and Latino men are more at risk and could reach a 90% of the total population rate of obesity. "With all this extra weight, 1 out of 6 health care dollars will go to obesity and weight-related problems and diseases" concluded Dr. Johnson.
----------

JACQUES' REMARKS:

Since excess weight and obesity ARE preventable and controllable, the above prognistications need not affect anyone who will decide to be the exception rather than part of the statistics.

Oddly enough, I shared my "bit" about this in yesterday's post, about how I myself am again practicing what I preach and shedding the excess fat, weight and bulk I have intentionally enjoyed building up - "enjoyed" as I did it by pigging out on my own delectable cooking (a hobby of mine being creating memorable dishes)LOL.

I fervently hope that, as soon as the S.L.I.M. For Life website shall be launched, enough overweight or obese Americans will want to join my many "foreign" clients, and escape the ominous 2030 prediction!

Always "Here For You!", Your Friend,

Jacques

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home