Monday, October 29, 2007

Traditional Hindu prayer.

On the occasion of this, my 100th Post, I felt that the following would appropriately serve the purposes of S.L.I.M.For Life.

In this age of hating our bodies--trying to carve and starve them into conforming to some unattainable ideal--there is great healing in reading and sharing this beautiful ancient Hindu prayer at mealtime or any time.

Read this Hindu blessing for our bodies, just as they are, here:

SIMPLE SOLUTION:

I recognize you are the temple in which my spirit and creative energy dwell.

I have created you from my need to have my spirit manifested on earth so that I may have this time to learn and grow.

I offer you this food so that you may continue to sustain my creative energy, my spirit, my soul.

I offer this food to you with love, and a sincere desire for you to remain free from disease and disharmony.

I accept you as my own creation.

I need you.

I love you.
-----

To YOU---as you are (or may remake if/ when you so choose)!

Jacques

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home